Thursday, September 14, 2023

Victoria, British Columbia September 14, 2023

The planned walk for today would cover one great big loop that would offer loads of sights of various kinds.  It was forecasted to be a hot day, I liked that this route would be along water for the majority of the time. This is the view along the walkway leading to Fisherman’s Wharf but I would pass by the Wharf this time.
When I arrived at Dallas Road, I opted to walk the Breakwater the entire way. That is the first part of it on the right. It was mid morning by the time I arrived here and it was hot already,  That lady went for a swim.

The views along Dallas Road are amazing. This is the Clipper coming from Seattle Washington with the Olympic Mountains in the background.
There goes the Coho ferry to Port Angeles Washington and a tall ship at full sail.
time to put my feet up and have a snack 
view while doing so 
looking back to where I was
Eventually I arrived at Clover Point.  
This is the most westerly point of Canada where the Trans Canada Trail
 begins or you could say ends.
after capturing this selfie, I settled in again for another snack 
It was time to veer off  Dallas Road and meander down Cook Street to the little village section. I remembered this coffee shop from when I was here in 2019 so stopped in for another visit.  I was seeking shade more than anything and I found it at a corner table outside.
It’s not the weather for a Pumpkin Spice Latte but it’s the season!
flowers for sale next door to the coffee shop
Beacon Hill Park was the next place on this great big loop I was walking.  It was a good place to find shade.  While the flowers look beautiful, most of the ground looked very dry as did the trees. There are signs everywhere warning of fire danger. 

 beautiful flowers 



This Mallard Duck was very entertaining as it splashed about continuously for a few minutes.
Peacock


After visiting Beacon Hill Park, I aimed for the Inner Harbour and from there went back to my home away from home to put my feet up and cool down. Evening came and it was time to head back out again.  This was the view from along the Songnees Walkway.  


some sights and sounds 

This was not where I planned to be for when the sun set. I dilly dallied too long along my evening stroll and did not make it to the viewpoint, so captured what I could.

more sights and sounds 

from the lawn of the Legislature Building 



2 comments:

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.