Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Victoria, British Columbia September 12, 2023

While out strolling the downtown streets this morning, I went into the shops passing time and avoiding the showers.  This journal jumped out at me in the book store.  It spoke loud and clear and I knew I needed it so I purchased it. I could very easily stayed in today still enjoying the fulfilling feeling from yesterday and given the forecast was showers.  That was not what I came here to do so dressed for the weather and went for it!

After investing time and money in the shops, noon rolled around so it was time to settle in somewhere that had a view while I sipped and savoured. The wine is called Lake Breeze and it paired perfectly with the…..
…..delicious crab cakes!  As time passed, so did the showers and the dark clouds.  It was time to get back outside and enjoy the bright colours…..
…..such as this Kiwi Gelato!  
Taking a tour on a Harbour Ferry was one of the things I wanted to do, it was go time! 
 That’s the Captain boarding and I followed behind.  

view as we departed 
another tall ship 
they passed by 
a Harbour Taxi passing by
This is a fairly new dock for luxury yachts only and frequented by the rich and famous.
a plane taking off beside us
cruise ship docked for the day 
We pulled into Fisherman’s Wharf to let three people off.  
These are a few of the private homes floating on the water. 
When the tour ended, I went back to my home away from home and passed a little time before heading back out again to catch some evening colour and to watch the sun go down. It turned out to be a gorgeous evening.  This is looking back at the Inner Harbour.
the Harbour Taxi heading home for the night
watching the sunset
 back at the Inner Harbour 
That’s the Coho Ferry doing the final run of the day to Port Angeles, Washington.  
That is the ferry I was on yesterday.

Just another enjoyable day in this piece of paradise!



2 comments:

  1. Brilliant way to fill the day. Your choice of journal says it all! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now to figure out where to go next and get started on new stories for the new journal!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.