Sunday, September 10, 2023

Victoria, British Columbia September 10, 2023

After checking into my home away from away, picking up some groceries then supporting the local adult beverage outlet, I put my walking shoes on and strolled Victoria Inner Harbour for my initial taste of the west coast lifestyle. It was a three minute walk from my front door to where all the happenings were happening!  A toast to being here was in order, I performed that toast with mango & strawberry ice cream on a waffle cone.

flower baskets line the walkway 
The Harbour is a busy place with numerous modes of transportation to get you wherever you would like to go, for what ever reason.  For this initial taste, I spent a couple of hours walking, watching, listening, photographing and just being one with it all.  The Prince of Whales zodiacs are for whale watching.  
Hop the Harbour Ferry for a sight seeing tour or to get you to one of the dozen or so stops around the Harbour.  There are many of these here and there scurrying across the water. 
Want to indulge in a treat for yourself?  This is a floating spa called HAVN.  
Sea planes will get you to where you want to go!
For those that enjoy kayaking, they are available for rent. 
Boats of all shapes and sizes line the harbour.
The cutest little airport I ever did see.
This ferry runs from Victoria, British Columbia, Canada to Seattle, Washington, USA.  
a tall ship sails the local sea

Today’s taste was just enough to fill me with anticipation for all there is to see and do!



4 comments:

  1. A fascinating post. You are going to enjoy to the max.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy to the max! It's a beautiful area with lots to see and do!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful place!
    I remember again how beautiful to work in a port was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was so much going on around the harbour, water activity of all kinds!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.