Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Sidney By The Sea, British Columbia September 13, 2023

This saying resonated with me today.  It was sitting on a shelf beside my table in the restaurant where I had lunch in Sidney. It’s for this reason why I enjoy vacationing near the ocean.  Today I took the bus north about 30 kms to visit the seaside city of Sidney.  In previous visits to Victoria, I was never here long enough to want to take a day to go there.  This time is different, so I went.

Thank You! I’m happy to be here!
The main thing I wanted to do was walk the whole stretch of the trail that follows along the Salish Sea. I suspect the people who live here walk that trail on a daily basis.  This is one spot along the walkway.
view towards a restaurant perched on the edge of the pier 
behind and above the flowers are beautiful homes with grand views 
lots of benches to sit and savour the scenery
view of the Sidney Marina 
the tide is out
 view while I walked
people were fishing at the far end of the pier 
view in another direction 
I brought my lunch and when lunch time came I found the perfect picnic table to settle down at.
Then I needed to rest awhile.
Oh boy, when I arrived back where that little restaurant perched on the pier was, I just had to give it a try.  It looked so inviting, it was busy, I wanted something fishy. I entered in!
a glass of Naked Grape to start 
then came the crab cakes 
Then came more time relaxing in one of the chairs at Beacon Park. 
This was my view for about an hour, I believe I dozed off.
It was due time to head to the bus stop for the ride back to Victoria.  The streets were so pretty, so instead of aiming for the bus I walked the streets and came upon…..
…..Sweeties by the Sea!  I went for a maple walnut ice cream on a waffle cone!

After arriving back in Victoria and after relaxing for a short while then having dinner, it was time to head back out. This time I headed in the other direction for a walk to Fishermen’s Wharf.  This is the entrance, this is locked at 9:30PM to give peace and quiet to the people who reside in the house boats.

These are three of the dozens of homes.


I had a codfish taco from here.  Oh how delicious!  

The sun would soon be setting so I left Fisherman’s Wharf so I would be closer to my home away from home once it got dark. This is a view of the house boats across the water. 
This yacht arrived at the Inner Harbour either last night or today. 
Legislature Building lit up at sunset time.
The Empress Hotel reflecting at sunset.



 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great day. Perfect in fact! Nothing like spending time by the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Growing up by the ocean, there is something about being near it when I feel all the comforts of being back home, no matter what ocean I am near!

      Delete
  2. Sidney has so much charm. I love how both cities have ocean front walkways. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both places are populated by retirees who live there year round, then populated by retirees like me who go to vacation. Loads of lovely walkways to walk.

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.