Wednesday, October 16, 2024

there's soothing from shades

I already knew that but I'm finding the more shades I see, the more I want to see!  I'm addicted to the soothing that comes from being one with the shades out in nature and also when I am laying shades down on paper.  My new watercolour journal arrived and I could not wait to christen it. I have numerous painting projects ready to take flight!  During my visit to the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary on Monday, I spotted the resident small rabbit (not sure of the breed) and with my great zoom I was able to get a close up of its eye.  That eye become the muse for the first project in my new journal.  When I look at the painting of the eye, I see it looking back at me!
The colours were glorious on this morning and with not even a breeze, the reflections were glorious too.  These are two photos of the beaver dam taken from different angles.  It was cold enough for there to be fog on the pond.  There are still more leaves on the trees than there are on the ground, but that will soon change as we have rain/snow in the forecast in coming days.  



〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

On this morning, I hiked around a portion of Carburn Park then headed west walking the trail towards Fish Creek Park.  I was one amongst a couple of dozen who, like me, probably gave up looking for birds and shifted their attention to the works of Mother Nature.  The vibrancy was everywhere I looked, it felt like a big comforting hug!  Sigh!  So soothing!




〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

This was the day to check in on the Siberian Larch Trees at the Birth Forest at Confluence Park.  The majority of them do not look healthy, either they never grew new needles, they were blown down, or just looked dead.  This one front and centre was in the best shape and was prime in colour.  The tall one behind to the right looked a little beyond prime yet healthy.  The clouds and the colours put on a wonderful show on this day.  I wondered what it looked like around every corner I approached! 




〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

My mind has been wandering!  I have been wondering!  I close my eyes and I daydream!  On this daydreaming occasion, I found myself back at that day in June on the mountain top in Innsbruck Austria.   I can distinctly remember how I felt as I sat on the corner of the bench and looked out over the Alps of Austria and into the mountain ranges of Germany.  As I was laying the mountain shades on a page in my new journal,  I experienced the soothing that came during those special moments when I was on the mountain top.  I left a piece of my heart in Austria!  I may need to retrieve it!  Daydreams!  I'm a Daydream Believer!









3 comments:

  1. People who get out early get the best opportunities to see things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Lovely collection of photos and beautiful scenery! The reflections photo is a favorite. I love the bunny's eye drawing and photo. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And once again, beautiful photos!!!! I had to look twice and your bunny eye painting, it looks so real & why it must feel it’s looking back at you. ❤️Norma

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.