Friday, October 4, 2024

Waterton Lakes National Park October 4, 2024 morning


Instead of doing one big hike today, I opted for a few short ones that were down low and somewhat sheltered.  Winds today would be gusting up to 80 to 100 kms/hr.  This was the view as I drove along the Red Rock Parkway.  My plan was to hike the Blakiston Falls Trail and also stop by to see Red Rock Canyon. 

view crossing the bridge to the Blakiston Falls Trail

Very soon after starting up the trail, I had to ditch my jacket and hat in favour of just a long sleeve shirt and a bandanna to keep my hair out of my eyes.  The wind was so warm, yet a little on the wild side.  
view along the trail
view of Blakiston Falls from the Upper Platform 
I am not much into waterfalls so did not spend tonnes of time admiring them.  I continued along a trail I had not been on before, it leads to Twin Lakes.  I followed it for an hour or so then returned.  It was so pretty as it followed above the creek with little waterfalls here and there.

 view on the return portion


Before heading back to my vehicle, I stopped by Red Rock Canyon.  The lighting was perfect for photographs and only a few other people were in the area.  The colours and the clouds were so dreamy!

While walking along the trail, my shadow caught my attention and I wanted to be down there with it.  When I reached the other side, I scooted down into the Canyon bottom.

these photos were taken from within the Canyon

 



Time came to return to the Townsite, 
find a spot to savour snacks and then 
get on with my afternoon agenda! 


2 comments:

  1. Great collection of photos, looks like wonderful day. Except for the wind. The scenery is beautiful. I like the waterfalls and the canyon, great shadow capture. Take care, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wouldn’t know it was windy by all these beautiful photos. Cool shadow picture. ❤️Norma

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.