Saturday, February 6, 2021

Cabot Trail Virtual Challenge Progress February 6, 2021

Participating in The Cabot Trail Virtual Challenge is exceeding my expectations in many ways!  It's my motivation to get out the door and be active.  It's a distraction that I need these days.  Seeing the actual locations from around the world of where others are enjoying their journey is enjoyable especially during these times of no travel.  The virtual views along my own route are a treat to see, like this one!

At the end of today (Saturday, February 6, 2021) I have completed 181.6 kms in total so far of the 299.4 kms.  This week alone I covered 38.5 kms.  From Sun to Sat, I took one day off from being purposely physically active.  When I talk about this Challenge being motivating, I arrived home from being "out & about" and immediately posted to My Mission Page the distance just covered.  The notice that then came up was this...

...0.4 km from the next milestone, I should have gone back out and walked around for a few minutes but I saved it and that is what got me out the door the next day.  I reached the 60% completion rate and another tree will be planted.  The mailbox also popped open and there was a postcard waiting for me. The story associated with this card is attached at the bottom of this post.  The forecast for today was bitterly cold but I went for it knowing the next few days may be inside days staying safe from the polar vortex.

some of this week's virtual views

Here's the postcard story!


Tomorrow is the beginning of another week along this virtual journey.     

Stayed tuned!


1 comment:

  1. I don't like the sound of your polar vortex but your virtual walk is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.