Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Elbow Valley Riverview Trail February 2, 2021

When I got up this morning and saw that it was going to be a beautiful start to the day, I checked my back burner list of trails to visit.  The Riverview Trail in Elbow Valley jumped out at me so then I jumped into motion to go chase the beauty.  I was in this area once before a few years ago but only saw a small short portion of it.  With the weather and time on my side, this was the day to fully invest in the location.

My time of arrival at the start point was spot on to see the sunrise light up the sky.   
It was on the warmer side when I started so there was no need to move quickly to keep comfortable.  
The sky was pink in all directions which meant I was doing lots of 360s.   
The trail was well packed which made for easy hiking yet I did still sport my spikes. The route wound through the campground with a gentle descent towards the Elbow River.  The pretty pink slowly transitioned to beautiful blue.  By the time I arrived at the river's edge, the sky was pure blue.
I ventured off the actual trail in favour of hiking right beside the river.  
I always like to have a destination photo of some sort and thought this is the perfect place for today's edition.  The river was running low.  There was loads of snow covered solid ground to safely walk along.  I spent lots of time just meandering along.  It felt like I was at the beach, beach combing.  
This was the view further along the Elbow River.  Near here was a wide open large area of rocks and boulders.  It was like a beach.  I stayed and played.  This was where I built the heart that is in the collage at the start of this story.  It was turning into such a glorious morning, so much so it was time to shed a layer.     
This reminded me of the Ice Trail!
Quite a distance further along the river was where I veered off to ascend to the official trail then continued to follow it to just about near the end.  It was so pretty up here.  How nice it was that the trail was pure white and not covered in tree debris.  
Mother Nature's archway
look up, way up
I did an out and back along the tree-lined trail then descended back down to the River to get a few final views.  By now the ice was glistening and there were even reflections in the ice.  The sun felt very warm by now and it would probably begin to melt the ice.
I followed the trail to the campground to find a table to dine at.
This was my table of choice to settle down for snacks and tea.  
A bit of a breeze began.
It felt so good to be out here with not a care in the world other than to make sure I see some sights, fill my lungs with fresh air, move lots and "remember to breathe".  I stopped by the campground attendant's site on the way back to my vehicle and spotted these painted rocks sitting on the fire wood.  
I am feeling like I have struck gold by visiting these places that I have sitting on the back burner!



1 comment:

  1. A bit of colour amidst all that snow...very cool & of course you find another heart! ❤️ Norma

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.