Friday, February 19, 2021

Glenbow Ranch Provincial Park February 19, 2021

My aim for this morning was to catch the gift of a beautiful sunrise at Glenbow Ranch.  I was not quick enough out the door to have success with that but I was early enough to be greeted by wonderful wildlife watching opportunities.  

I descended down the winding Tiger Lily Trail, rounded the corner at the bottom then there it was!  The moose appeared to be young.  It watched me, I watched it!  Many, many, many minutes later I was ready to move on.  I turned around to continue along the trail and spotted the coyote.  It watched me, I watched it!  When I began to move along, it moved along.  I continued along the trail and spotted a deer.   It did not watch me but I watched it quickly dash off catching a photo of it with all fours in the air.   
 view from the top of Badger Trail 
I had one goal in mind here!
Look closely, you can see I had success!
middle left, top middle
at the view point along Badger
With the wind that came through last night, the snow drifted over the beaten path and for lots of long sections I had to beat another path.  I was the first one up here this morning and made the way clear for others who would come later.  
I completed a large loop measuring just short of 11 kms.  
This was the final view before heading to the parking lot.    

The views were beautiful from beginning to end with snow that was still pure white and with fluffy white clouds scattered throughout the bright blue sky.  My experience here this morning was utterly uplifting, surely satisfying and absolutely amazing!   


2 comments:

  1. You are always so lucky with catching the wildlife! ❤️ the deer action shot! Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure felt lucky on this visit! For the deer action shot, I know eventually they will run so I put my camera on sport mode and just wait then when they run I hold the shutter button down knowing I should get at least one good one.

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.