Friday, February 26, 2021

Cabot Trail Virtual Challenge Complete February 26, 2021

When the virtual finish line of this challenge became so close that I could almost touch it, I went into sprint mode so I could turn this into a reality!  I crossed the finish line this morning after covering 12.1kms (11.7kms was needed).  I received this certificate via email and in a couple of weeks an actual medal and actual certificate will arrive at my door.   


No more red!  The blue route and checkered flag shows I arrived back at Baddeck where I began this journey on January 4th.  Five trees were planted, one at each 20% completion interval.    

When I signed up for The Cabot Trail Virtual Challenge I gave myself 100 days to complete it.  As time went on and I was making better than I planned progress, I changed the mission time to 70 days.  Nearing the end even 70 days had become generous.  Part way through the challenge I became a member of the Challenge Community and at that point my motivation skyrocketed.  It took me 53 days to accomplish this goal, being active only 40 of those days.  This was the journey I needed to be on these past two months.  Getting out, being active got me to a healthy place in my mind on those days when it felt like hope was fading during these odd times.  The Challenge was what got me out the door on those brutal Polar Vortex days!   It says "success" and it was exactly that in many ways.  

I have two more post cards to share and the story that goes with each.


The Cabot Trail Virtual Challenge ended in Baddeck, the same place it started.  When I visited here in September of 2016 and after hiking The Skyline Trail then sight seeing along The Cabot Trail, we arrived back at Baddeck spending the night at the Inverary Resort.
The following morning while my friends were still sleeping, I snuck out to stroll while watching the sun rise.  It was a peaceful, gorgeous morning along the boardwalk.  Journeying along on this virtual challenge brought back memories of the fun time I spent in Cape Breton and its beautiful sights.   

This is my version of the medal I will receive.  I placed the final touches on this sketch the day before I completed the challenge.  I did not realize the lighthouse was "off" kilter until I finished it.  My first thought was well how fitting is that, so much is "off" during these crazy days in our world.  

Each day this week I was "out & about" covering ground.
 The goal in mind was to reach the finish line by the end of February.  
These are a few of the sights I saw.

Now it is rest time for a few days.  I knew before completing The Cabot Trail Virtual Challenge that I wanted another journey to adventure along. While I have been down under to Australia, I have never been to New Zealand.  The Team is working on new challenges and I look forward to seeing what they offer.  

STAY TUNED!


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a job well done & what a great opportunity it was to get “out & about” virtually in some of our old stomping grounds! Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! It was a fun adventure! I look forward to sharing time with you on the virtual trails of New Zealand!

      Delete
  2. Amazing effort given the extremely cold conditions of February. I've been rather busy so haven't been able to keep up as much as i would like. I just love your 'medal' sketch and your collage is wondrous.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.