Wednesday, February 10, 2021

living life during a polar vortex

Monday February 8, 2021

Today was forecasted to be one of the warmer days.  That paired with a snowfall last night, I knew I should get moving to accumulate more kilometres towards The Cabot Trail Virtual Challenge.  During polar vortex days my starts are not early.  I watched! I waited! When the stars aligned as best they could, off I went moving quickly while admiring the sights at Confluence Park.



Tuesday February 9, 2021

Today was forecasted to be one of the warmer days of the next few!  I've heard that before!  That paired with loads of sunshine in the forecast I knew I should get moving to accumulate more kilometres towards The Cabot Trail Virtual Challenge.   Deja Vu!  I watched! I waited! When the stars aligned as best they could, I got out the door to once again enjoy the scenes at Nose Creek and Confluence Park.  I am so thankful to have this Park so close to home.  



Wednesday February 10, 2021

Today was forecasted to be one of the warmer days of the next few!!!  I'm due a homebody day!  Back on January 4th I mentioned the term "journal sketch" and shared a sample of my first and only attempt at that craft.  On this day dedicated to remaining inside, it's investment time in nurturing "nature sketch journaling".  I have lots to learn and there is loads of information available.  After today's lessons, this is the project I produced!         
This nature sketch is "memory journaling" as opposed to "field journaling".  My intentions are to create projects when I am out in nature while hanging in my hammock, sitting on a summit, picnicking in a park. Until the weather is right for that, time will be spent moving forward with this craft via memory journaling.  

A few things so far that I made note of are:
  • observation about nature through sensory awareness
  • having a more meaningful experience outside
  • sketch with the mind's eye
  • process not product
  • draw maps
  • write questions
  • storytelling


There is an end in sight.  When that arrives I'll set my sights on living life during normal winter weather! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.