Monday, March 1, 2021

Alps to Ocean New Zealand Virtual Challenge March 1, 2021

It's go time!  Again!  The length of down time I planned for was overly generous and I felt good to go today.  So I went!  Where I went was to the start line for the 289.7kms virtual journey from the Alps to the Ocean on the South Island of New Zealand.  The start line was at the base of Mount Cook.  Yet, in reality I walked a quick short walk along Nose Creek to kick off this mission.    

this is the Alps to Ocean route

When I entered this challenge, I opted to afford myself 70 days to reach the finish line.  This could be overly generous, with the longer days and spring approaching my distance and hours being "out & about" should increase.  I want to enjoy the journey and not focus on the finish is my reason for 70 days.  

Once I arrived at the start line and put in some kilometres, 
it was acknowledged with a flag up on the mailbox.  

wide open spaces with blue skies and those puffy white clouds
from down south to up north  


Spring is around the corner! 
I have a new road to journey down!  
Protection for people is progressing!  
I now truly feel there is hope!
I'm excited for the next couple of months! 




1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the 'warmer' weather and the beauty of this NZ trail.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.