Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Nose Hill Environmental Park March 30, 2021

to the moon and back

This is what the morning looks like when I am motivated to get out the door early, to cover 10kms towards my challenge, to get my head space into a good place and then clearly & happily face what the day will bring.  It is an interesting time of year to be up on Nose Hill exploring around and as each day passes towards the middle of spring, it will become full of life and colourful!  

It was a colourful start this morning when the sun peeked above the horizon and painted the landscape a glowing red.  The moon was still up and a bit past being full.  It seemed so close, like I could reach out..... 
 .....and touch it!
With the recent wild weather and the frigid temperature, I was curious as to what Nose Hill Lake would look like!  It was a pretty sight this morning.  It was once again frozen, in places like a pane of glass that afforded reflections.  With the wild winds paired with the cold temperatures, the wavy ripples were frozen in place.  I circumnavigated the Lake a few times enjoying all perspectives of it.  
capturing the sun in the perfect spot
not a mere fraction of a millimetre left or right 
Everyone look at the camera and smile pretty!

Nearing the 10km mark found me very close to where I began and the morning was still young yet.  
My heart was in a happy place and I felt ready for whatever the day would throw my way!


3 comments:

  1. I feel cold but happy reading this. You certainly snapped the sun perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That red is stunning, almost unearthly...Mars??? Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and it only lasts a few minutes!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.