Sunday, March 28, 2021

Inglewood Bird Sanctuary March 28, 2021

Unexpectedly this morning's visit to the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary turned out being all about the scenery!  I returned sooner than expected after seeing photos of birds others saw recently on their visit here.  As soon as I arrived it was the reflections that caught my eye.  While I could here lots of songs I could not spot the singers so shifted my focus to capturing the pretty sights.    
When I heard a song, I did look up, there is lots of that head motion at the Sanctuary.   
The reflections were crystal clear in perfection.  
The sights remained pretty when I moved on along the trail to do a loop.
My wish was to cross this bridge to carry on with the loop.  I tried a few times but lost my nerve each time.  The goose sitting on the railing at the end of the bridge was guarding the territory and hissed at me each time I got close.  I am not a pro at goose activity so opted to do an about face and return the way I came.  
I know what this duck activity is!  
It was a beautiful morning and I wanted to make the most of it so carried on along the path that leads out of the Sanctuary and heads west.  I reached Harvie Passage and then strolled around throughout Pearce Estates before heading back to the Bird Sanctuary.   

As before, I was hearing songs but not spotting the singers.  I did spot this common starling and watched it for many minutes.  Three times it went into the burrow in the tree and pulled out twigs then dropped them to the ground.  This was a first for me to see!  I have seen birds bring twigs to build a nest but never the opposite.  I have so much to learn!
I completed that loop that I was denied access to early then followed the trail that lead me back to my car.  



2 comments:

  1. Good decision to stay away from that goose...they can be very aggressive! Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely morning. At least the goose doesn't dive bomb to protect her territory, unlike many of our birds.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.