Thursday, March 11, 2021

tunnel vision

With the feeling of spring in the air, I have developed a case of tunnel vision!  There is no need to take any kind of prescription to cure this case. In fact I have been doing everything possible to avoid all remedies.  Never have I ever embraced this feeling as much as I have this year!  

One morning this week I parked at the closed gate near Elbow Falls and instead of heading up Prairie or Powderface, I hiked straight ahead, along route 66.  I moved like I was on a mission.  I reached the Timber Harvesting Pull-Out and parked myself, right in middle of the road.  In a matter of weeks, the road will be open to traffic, for now it was me, just me. I spent some time here embracing my tunnel vision. Upon my return I met others who were moving like they were on a mission.  I sensed we were on the same page!  I look forward to when I can head further west along route 66 to a place I never forget, Forgetmenot Pond!           


With some pathways close to home clear enough with no slush or mud yet, it was time to lace up my new hiking boots and give them a break-in session before hitting true trails.  I checked out the secret stash of heart shaped rocks.  One sat on the boulder ready to be placed with the others once the snow melts off them.   The trees are now bare and brown making visible the tiny treasures.  I spent some time in this area embracing my tunnel vision!   

Bringing out my new hiking boots means there is a pair in the rotation that are ready for retirement.  While they look brand new on top, any kind of tread is now non-existent.  Instead of parting ways with them, my sketch shows the kind of life they will live on my back deck.  For now this boot remains inside and holds a Pile Cadierei.  When the weather is right, I will replace this tropical with a few annuals then place it on my deck.  

With spring in the air, my sense of hope is growing stronger!


4 comments:

  1. ❤️ the boot! And yes definetly...🎶🎶Spring is in the air...🎶🎶🎶. Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With spring in the air you will soon be swinging!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. As soon as I saw photos of flowers in boots, I knew I had to do it!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.