Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Skate & X-C Ski Louise March 3, 2021

While the ice skating conditions in Calgary are winding down for the season, they are prime at Lake Louise.  The elevation of the Lake location along with it being groomed daily makes a difference.  I arrived as the groomer was nearing the end of prepping the surface.  While waiting for him to drive off and away, I captured a few photos of the ice castle.   
I was the first to etch designs on the newly groomed Lake Louise.  
Within a matter of minutes two others joined me.  The guy looked familiar.  I confirmed was he Elladj Balde then asked for a photo op with him. He is a Canadian Figure Skater from a few years ago who is making headlines these days with his motivational and inspirational interviews and performances.   The other person with him, his videographer, took this photo.  
That's Fairview Mountain!
I hope to hike to the top again this coming summer.
The Chateau!
The Ice Castle!

My plan was to skate for an hour, which I did.  The whole hour was truly magical.  Within a very short time frame, I was no longer etching but gliding.  This was my first X-C Ski outing this winter.  Better late than never!  It felt so good, it felt so right!  I picked as easy route, the Bow River Loop along with the Campground Loop.  I have been here numerous times other winters and it was as pretty as ever.






Well into the afternoon, the sun came on my balcony.  
Before pouring a glass of white, I savoured a cup of hot chocolate 
Feeling the sun on my face while admiring the mountain view felt dreamy 
but this was my reality!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.