Thursday, March 18, 2021

Waterton Lakes National Park March 18, 2021

After checking out and heading back to reality, I returned to a few of my favourite Waterton spots to capture the early morning light.  The parking lot at Middle Waterton Lake was open and was a great spot to witness the start of a gorgeous day.  Once again the sunrise was not spectacular but the aftermath sure was.   

beautiful reflection
This time I drove up the road to The Prince of Wales Hotel instead of hiking up the hill.  
This is the view I had this morning as the alpenglow began.
The Prince of Wales Hotel in front of Bears Hump and Crandell Mountain basking in alpenglow!
Before hitting the highway, I drove to the Waskinonge Viewpoint again and walked down to the lake.  
The burnt ground cover was colourful in the morning glow.  
The reflections were outstanding this morning.




I feel fortunate with how this escape played out! 
It far exceeded my expectations in every way.  
Waterton, I love your wildness!

4 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful!! Some of these would make great sketches. ❤️ Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning reflections. This park is on my buucket list but I doubt I will ever manage it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe some day there will be a virtual challenge through this area! There are so many places to travel to. I wonder when traveling to other parts of the world will be a thing again!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.