Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Minniwanka & Johnson Lakes March 2, 2021

Finally the stars aligned for a winter-wonderland escape!  Too much time was passing quickly and with life's happenings I was wondering if I was going to have success with executing an escape.  Then, just like that, the stars aligned, my ducks were in order, it was time to live out of a suitcase!  These winter-wonderland get-aways have always occurred in December and January so I was curious as to what a March one would look like.  

The kick-off was wandering along the shore of Lake Minniwanka in search of blue ice and bubbles.  I landed smack in the middle of a photographers' dream.  There was blue ice and suspended bubbles galore. I was in my glory!  Not only were the bubbles suspended so did it seem time was.  Before I knew it, it was time to head on down the road.







A short drive down the road is the trail head for Johnson Lake.  While it is still winter, there were signs of spring here. I love winter yet the spring-like feel was uplifting even moreso.  I hiked the circumference of the Lake only seeing four others along the way.  It was a very quiet day in this part of Banff.  




Well into the afternoon hours, I continued on with my escape aiming further west to Lake Louise.  I was ready to unpack and settle in.  After a rigorous check-in process (many questions and a temperature check) I headed to my suite, unpacked my suitcase, poured a glass of white then sat in the sun on my balcony.  Aaaah! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.