Sunday, March 7, 2021

Alps to Ocean Virtual Challenge Progress March 7, 2021

At a week into this 290 km Alps to Ocean Virtual Challenge in New Zealand, what I have experienced virtually is teasing me into wishing it was my reality!  That being said, my reality this past week has been quite something with the skating, walking and cross country skiing I did at Lake Louise then my wake up call this morning.      

To end of Sunday March 7, 2021 this is the progress I made.  To reach this distance, twelve of these kilometres were from this morning sightseeing around the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary then a walk along the Bow River from there.
The Bird Sanctuary is a good place to venture to in search of where we stand with the onset of spring.  I arrived just after sunrise to the most beautiful sights and sounds.  The early person reaps the rewards of peace & quiet and bird sightings.  This treasure is so close to my home, I am feeling I need to visit more regularly to receive the soothing benefits it offers. 
A world away, I share the Alps to Ocean Trail with hundreds from all over the world.  
You can see me mid pack just under RC.  
There are even a few others from Calgary who have taken on this challenge. 
I have a long way to go.  
The scenery so far has been spectacular.  I understand from others who are further along that there are long sections where there will be no data provided for google views, so I am soaking it all in now.
The Conqueror sent notice they just released three more challenges.  I am already thinking Kruger Park in South Africa might be a nice place to virtually venture through.  For now though I remain focused on the Alps to Ocean challenge, being on the verge of spring in Alberta, and protection for the people bringing hope!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.