Thursday, March 4, 2021

Emerald Lake X-C Ski March 4, 2021

One of the things I am most thankful for today was the drive to and from Emerald Lake  The highway was completely free of snow and dry.  The turn off for the road to Emerald Lake is only a 25 minute drive west from Lake Louise Village.  While it is such a short drive, in winter so much can go wrong in that short distance, I know from experience.  This morning I was the only vehicle heading west along this section of highway.  

I arrived at the parking lot, geared up then headed to the edge of Emerald Lake where the X-C Ski track begins.  This was what I faced!  The view was jaw dropping!  I was excited to ski here again.  The track was just groomed yesterday.   

I followed the groomed track across the Lake then along the side of it to the far end.
looking back to where I started
continuing on towards the Alluvial Fan Loop
my ski spot shot
I went for the Alluvial Fan Loop in a counter-clockwise direction.



I completed the Loop then carried on to Emerald Lake and this time took the track on the Lake instead of beside it.  I had a snack at my car then went for a walk around the area before hitting the highway and heading east back to Lake Louise.  I was thankful for the easy, quick, quiet drive back.

With yesterday's ski and today's, I feel quite content if that is it for this season.  
They were both enjoyable, beautiful and fulfilling experiences.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.