Thursday, April 1, 2021

Glenbow Ranch Provincial Park April 1, 2021



I have an obsession!  I want to be out there for when the sun rises and a new day dawns!  For some reason in this crazy world of ours these months, that obsession has grown stronger and I don't know why!  I just run with it when the time is right. This morning my choice destination to feed my soul was at Glenbow Ranch Provincial Park.  I arrived at the parking lot to see I share this want with a few others. 
My favourite spot to see the sun rise is up on Yodel where I am afforded big sky beauty.
I continued along Yodel's ridge line then descended at the far end.  
It's like I get to see the sun rise again.  
As I continued along a bright glow ahead of me caught my eye.  I arrived to see a section of shrubs and bushes and plants were coated in a thick layer of ice.  I can only think that the spray or mist off a small creek nearby with water running from it out of a pipe, created this.  I watched the glow grow as the day dawned brighter.  
each of us just doing what we do
I aimed for the Bow River slowing my pace before the tracks while the train passed by.
In sections along the Bow River the ice is beginning to push aside and pile up. 
On this visit I went for the bigger river loop which passes by the bald eagle nest.  I noticed last year that Canada geese invaded the nest and made it their own.  I hoped the eagles would have been back.  This is what I spied when I arrived.  I spied it while it spied me!  
Further along, the Bow River is full and flowing fast. 
With the Bow River Loop completed, I crossed back over the tracks and headed for The Pond to see if it was alive with ducks and muskrats.  The new viewing platform is a lovely place to settle down and take it all in.  A layer of ice still sits on The Pond yet it was still nice just to admire the scenery. 
the final climb up out of the valley bottom

When I arrived home and input the distance covered into the Alps to Ocean Virtual Challenge, it became apparent the finish line was getting close enough I could almost taste it.  That puts a bigger spring in my step this spring time!  



1 comment:

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.