Saturday, April 17, 2021

Nose Hill Crocus Hunt April 17, 2021

'Tis still the season so I went searching again so I could do some more shooting!  It's been a week now since I was crocus hunting up on Nose Hill. The population should have increased immensely in that period of time and this morning I went to find out.  I love the look of crocuses when the sun is rising behind them and it was my goal to witness that today.  I shared the slope with another early bird who was on the same page as me.      

Good Morning

The wildflowers were at various stages of existence.
This is one of my favourite photos of the day.  It was not until I got home and downloaded the photographs when I saw what I captured.  The light was perfect for offering transparency.  This photo gives off the appearance of being delicate when in fact they are very hardy. 
young yet
There were more bouquets on this visit to Nose Hill.  

With cold and snow in the forecast for tomorrow, I wonder what will become of the crocuses!

2 comments:

  1. I am overwhelmed by the magical beauty you have captured in these images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing more to say than WOW! Norma

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.