Friday, April 30, 2021

Good-Bye April relax...breathe

Bowness - Baker - Bowmont - Dale Hodges Parks
With much to catch up on, covering a longer distance would be suffice.  Time covering the distance was made longer due to crocus distractions. This was not meant to be a crocus hunt but that played a big part in our catch up.  We were afforded a most beautiful day nearing the end of April which made for ideal conditions to relax...breathe!


Inglewood Bird Sanctuary
For my own good, I needed to start this day in a place where I could relax...breathe.  This time around, I donned attire to blend in instead of glowing brightly.  The scenery was bright enough!  I learned not all go for the birds and ducks like I do.  You have your birders and then you have your "duckers"!  The summer residents are still arriving and each time I go I see something new.   Robins are plentiful yet for the first time I saw one with a band around its leg.  I saw a male Wood Duck pruning while balancing on one leg. The Red-Winged Blackbird had so much to say.  My bird book tells me the fourth bird is a Tree Swallow.  What I heard and what I saw was all I needed to be in a mindful place to face today! 


Confluence Park
My friend had never been to this Park nor had she been on a crocus hunt. While this "out & about" was not meant to be a hunt, it did turn to be that though.  It was a challenge for us to just pass by all the bouquets.  It had been a few months since we shared pathway time which meant we had lots of life's happenings to tell about.  Between the stories, the wildflowers, the wildlife and the gorgeous weather, these were hours well spent where we could easily relax...breathe!  






3 comments:

  1. A great 3 days to bring April to a close! Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. May? More glorious images from yours truly!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.