Sunday, April 4, 2021

Fish Creek Provincial Park April 4, 2021

It's been decades since I celebrated Easter with a family member.  It took the way our world is these days for all the ducks to be in a row enough for it to happen today.  With both of us being in the same city right now, my Sister and I acknowledged Easter with a lengthy walk at Fish Creek Park.  There was no Easter dinner inside together, nor was there a loving embrace.  What we can safely share these days though, I am very thankful for and that is precious Sister time together.  

a basket full of treats and a painted stone from my Sister

We met early allowing enough time to get in our walk & talk while the weather was on our side.  
We keep to the dirt paths that were closest to the Bow River.  
the two of us watching the two of them while they watched the two of us
Easter Sunday Sky
Being Bright Blue
Within a matter of minutes into our hike, this sweet little bird landed on the path in front of us.   It did not seem to mind us being in its space which meant I could capture this shot.  I was excited to see it and to get a clear photo.  This was my first bird sighting where I would need to make an identification, since I purchased "Birds of Alberta".  According to my book, this is a male Downy Woodpecker.  It took a bit of investigating to distinguish whether it was a Downy or a Hairy.  I am already looking forward to putting this book to good use.    

After our walk, we sipped on a sweet treat from Annie's while still catching up on all the comings and goings since our last visit this past Wednesday.  The drink was sweet, the scenery was sweet as was the weather, the basket was full of sweets and that little bird was sweet, but the sweetest thing of all was spending time with my Sister celebrating Easter in the way we did!  

2 comments:

  1. Sweet indeed..I ❤️ these special times we get to spend together! Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to more times exploring!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.