Sunday, April 4, 2021

Alps to Ocean Virtual Challenge Progress April 4, 2021

The post cards have been landing in my mailbox fast and furious which can only mean one thing!  I am moving along on the Alps to Ocean Virtual Challenge at a fast & furious pace!  See me just before the 80% mark along the route?  See my pacer behind me, that red marker at about the 50% mark along the way.  The message that showed up on my challenge page after posting today's distance said "You're knocking it out of the park, Andra!"
These are the stats at the time of posting this blog post today.  I have 36 days left to cover the 69.8 kms.  I believe I can get the job done by April 15th or 16th.  While the stats state I have completed 219.94kms in 34 days, I was not active all of those days.  The finish line is in sight and I feel like I want to sprint to the end but I have to play it smart and still pace myself.


There is lots of story to tell with each post card so I am going to keep the stories to myself this time and just share the cards.  The cards are a lovely item to have to help remember my journey.   

While reaching certain milestones along the route, I planted more trees!  
The Conqueror is partnering with Eden Projects to plant the trees.

The Alps to Ocean Challenge has been a beautiful route to view along the way.  
These are a few more photos from street view along the route I followed.   

As I have mentioned before, these challenges have been a great motivator to get active which in turn benefits my physical and mental well being.  It has been fun connecting with others from around the world who are participating along side me in the Alps to Ocean or one of the other many challenge locations.  I have already been eyeing where I might like to virtually go next and Kruger Park in South Africa looks appealing!  It's a much longer distance yet a great distance for the spring/summer months.    

My hope is I will have one more progress report on the Alps to Ocean
 in a matter of a couple of weeks!
Stay Tuned!




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful country...maybe someday you’ll be able to travel there for real. And at the rate you’re going, you’ll be done this one in less than a couple of weeks!!! Norma

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.