Thursday, April 8, 2021

sketching soft spring shades

My colored pencils are getting shorter, my eraser is shrinking in size, my pencil sharpener is becoming dull and my paper supply is dwindling. While that sentence gives off a negative implication,  it means otherwise, I have been busy sketching!  These are three of my recent projects that sing spring.  

I completed  a few more tutorials, each of which were beneficial.  When I search for certain tutorials, it opens a can of worms when I come across yet other sketching aspects I want to learn about.  I have lots to learn and it's time to get a bit more serious and invest time working on size ratios.  I have been trying my best to make it work without too much work but that's not working.  I gotta get going with grids!

The watercolor paints & brushes are still sitting on the side of my table.  I have ideas drafted on paper for nature journaling projects.  There is a sketch I have intentions of doing where I am running along the meadow in front of the Dolomites in Italy.  I have additional sketches to turn into postcards and greeting cards after seeing how nice the ones I did so far turned out.  

With spring in the air, the outdoors is calling!  I will still find time to dedicate to this craft.  It could be while on my deck, out in a meadow, by a lake, at a picnic table, on a mountain top.  From winter whites to soft spring shades, Mother Nature is forever presenting ideas to sketch on paper.   




2 comments:

  1. You have definitely found your creative self. The first sketch has such a special spring air about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen! The spring colors are so cheerful!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.