Sunday, July 4, 2021

Cote D'Azur Virtual Challenge Complete July 4, 2021

Today I completed the Cote D'Azur Virtual Challenge!  I had 9.7kms remaining to cross the finish line and my preference would have been doing that on a nice day somewhere on a hike in the foothills or mountains.  A nice day is not in the forecast for another few days and I did not want to wait.  Under cloud, mist and rain on top of through wind and thunder, I got the kilometres covered split between morning and afternoon.  I stayed local so I could get home quickly if necessary.  

my certificate of completion

The blue line indicates the completed route from Saint Tropez to Menton.
I gave myself 56 days to complete the challenge.  That was loads more time than necessary.  I didn't want pressure to get out there, I want to get out there because I enjoy being out there, not because I have to.  I am realizing I like being out there more than I thought I did.
arriving in Menton, the end of this beautiful journey
the final three postcards

I picked three virtual views to share with you.  For the first one, it should be obvious why I picked it! The second photo captures what a lot of the entire route looked like, walkways by the sea.  I know I would love this if I were actually there.  The third photo is an overall view of Monaco. I see this and I wonder if those mountains have hiking trails!  If so what a grand place to accomplish a sea to summit hike!

The views along this route sure made up for the lack of sights along my last challenge, Kruger National Park in South Africa.  I want to complete another virtual trek but right now I am undecided as to which one.  My preference is longer over shorter, but not the 1000 km challenges. I will review them and decide in a couple of days.  Stayed tuned!



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!
    Such a contrast to your wonderful Lake Louise visit. Amazing posts and pics.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.