Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Nose Hill & Kruger Medal July 7, 2021

When I arrived home from hiking yesterday, my Kruger Park Virtual Challenge medal was in the mailbox.  It's quite the beauty!  I didn't feel like going far in the car today and it has been awhile since I was up at Nose Hill, so made that my destination to cover 10kms.  I brought my medal along for photo ops, here you go, the front and the back.   

Another reason I headed to Nose Hill was to witness what they were showing on the local news.  Clouds hung low over parts of the city and here you can see two towers peeking out above them.  It also looks like the hiking trail goes into, or off, or over, or....!

The sparrows are owning The Hill and it seems the population is growing.  
In between all the sparrows, I  spotted an American Goldfinch and a Juvenile Robin.    
While I thought my medal looked nice hanging on the Nose Hill Sign, and I enjoyed seeing and hearing the birds in addition to seeing the low clouds hoover over the city, the wildflowers were the show case! The flowers were gorgeous and plentiful even though it is not yet prime season. The morning was young enough that many of the flowers I saw first still had dew drops sitting on them, like this white wild rose.
a few of the other wildflowers

headed home feeling fulfilled from the feast



1 comment:

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.