Saturday, July 10, 2021

Inglewood & Confluence July 10, 2021

Inglewood Bird Sanctuary

I wonder how the fawns are doing? My hope for this morning was to spot the fawns that I saw a couple of weeks ago.  I went to the same location at The Sanctuary but they were no where to be seen.  I meandered along the numerous trails and completed repeats back to that spot but the only things I saw were a few deer, lots of birds, beautiful sights and a Great Blue Heron in a tree of all places!  

the sun working its way up through the trees

curious as to what the heck I was
I read where a mallard duck can have more than one batch of babies in a season!  I wonder if this is her first or second batch?  They were brand new and stuck close together at their Mom's side.
Northern Flicker
Eastern Kingbird
At the far bridge I saw a hawk fly into a tree.  I aimed at the spot with my camera when all of a sudden a big blur came between my lens and the hawk.  It startled me and I put my camera down, I thought the hawk was flying towards me.  Instead I saw this Great Blue Heron fly past into the tree.  When I looked back to see the hawk, it was gone.  This was something to see! 



Confluence Park

After a lovely visit to The Sanctuary this morning, I still had some wondering going on in my head!  I wonder how the baby coyotes are doing? This afternoon I went to the Nose Creek section of Confluence Park to see if I could spot the baby coyotes.  I thought trying a different time of day, I might see different things.  I did spot one baby!  It was further away from the den where I saw the babies the last time.  I still had to zoom in to capture this shot as they remain on the far side of the creek.  It did see me and watched me probably out of curiosity as to what I was.  We watched each other for a good amount of time and then the baby went into the bushes where I could see it laid down in the shade.

American Goldfinch

a Robin looking plump and chatty
a Clay-Coloured Sparrow
a Yellow Warbler
a curious Song Sparrow





1 comment:

  1. Lovely, lovely images of your birdlife. The image of the robin is one of the nicest I have seen,

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.