Saturday, July 3, 2021

getting my urban nature fix

With sweltering weather predicted for today, I got out early with hopes the wildlife would be out early too. They were, as were many other people who choose to beat the heat.  The vibrant colours were exploding, the wildflowers are blossoming and the baby boom continues.  I appreciate how this park which is right out my front door can give such a wild feel and offer such a great escape from city life! 


It was obvious when I arrived at The Sanctuary that the wild storm from last evening passed through this area.  I imagine the staff would be out later this morning to check on the aftermath.  For this visit, I had no hopes for certain sightings, I just wanted to hear the wake up calls. Between the birds, ducks and sights that I did see, the fragrant aroma that comes after a rainfall plus the morning songs, my senses were now wide awake!     



No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.