Monday, October 25, 2021

Bowmont Beauty & Carburn Colour

Mother Nature gave us two most gorgeous days where I could enjoy being "out & about" to finish off the final kilometres I needed towards my current virtual challenge.  After the recent rain, the water levels were up again and nature seemed to come alive here in the city as if it were spring time.   

An area where I knew I could get the klicks in easily with lots of beauty was around Bowmont & Bowness Parks.  As I stood on the banks of the Canal and Lagoon, I envisioned early mornings here etching figures in the ice.  I made a mental note to remember to get my skates sharpened. 

there were loads of leaves to swish through

This was a popular hang out for these wee birds not realizing why at first.  
It then became obvious someone had left a feast in the tree stump.
I learned the Common Goldeneye and Hooded Merganser ducks winter locally.  
The top photo is a female Goldeneye and the bottom a male Merganser.  


On this morning it was a frosty start to my visit to Carburn Park.  As soon as the sun started to rise, every bit of ice sparkled, the autumn colours became vibrant and the birds began to sing.  My intentions were to explore around the Park then head off on a trail to elsewhere.  That never did happen, there was enough to fulfill my needs in Carburn alone.
White-Breasted Nuthatch     Male Downy Woodpecker     Northern Flicker
There were a few seeds on the edge of the railing that must have been placed there yesterday.  This morning they were covered in frost yet still the Black-Capped Chickadees and White-Breasted Nuthatches fueled up on them.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.