Monday, October 11, 2021

St Francis Way Virtual Challenge Progress October 10, 2021

While we give thanks this Thanksgiving weekend, I will also give thanks when this virtual challenge is complete!  The treks that range around 200 kms to 300 kms are what suit me best, not one like this that is over 500 kms.  I am not loosing interest in being "out & bout" but it has been taking an extra effort to follow along on the St Francis Way.  I will complete it though and my next progress report, whenever that may be, will be when I cross the finish line.  As you can see, I have just over 100 kms left before I can declare a victory!

The next time I add kilometres to this challenge, I should then be past the 80% mark.
From my marker at the top to the finish line at Rome is what I have left to cover. 

These are the latest postcards that flipped the flag up on my mailbox.



The views are incredible along this journey and there are so many.  
I picked out a few to share here.

cafe along the way

at Piazza del Duomo (cathedral square)


Lago di Piediluco

an inviting looking place to dine in Spoleto

me walking down the middle of the rural route

I began this trek on August 21st which feels like light years ago!  
It's time to dig a bit deeper and get to the finish line so I can feel that glory.





2 comments:

  1. Go you! How wonderful if we could actually walk it? I think Iwould prefer this route to that of the Camino.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These virtual challenges have opened my eyes to such beautiful places I would love to visit and especially the locations along the St Francis Way.

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.