Sunday, October 31, 2021

Road to Hana Virtual Challenge Progress October 31, 2021

When the Conqueror Team presented the "Road to Hana" as the latest virtual challenge a couple of weeks back, I knew I wanted to be a part of it!  The trek is advertised as being 103.6 kms in distance with a start location in Kahului and the finish spot in Hana.  The ribbon on this medal is replaced with a lei.  I ventured along that crazy beautiful road in Maui Hawaii back in April of 2015.  Now it's time to reminisce! 


I picked this photo to use as my marker along the "Road to Hana" route.  
This photo was taken on the balcony of my condo the day I arrived in Maui.  
When I joined this challenge on October 27th, there were already more than 7000 conquerors ahead of me.  I am sure many more have come on board since.

This map of Maui shows the route for the "Road to Hana" from the greet start to the checkered finish.  
You can see I covered just over 20% of the distance so far.  

virtual views along the way


This is a botanical garden at a private location called Haiku Mill that offers space for events.

the first postcard

I have not been attaching the stories that go with the cards, 
but I will for this card as it's not a long story and it sets the stage for what this place is all about.



Since beginning this virtual challenge, I have been going back and reading my blog posts from when I was in Maui, Hawaii.  The timing is perfect for viewing these sunny warm virtual views while my real life views are on the frosty side these past few days.


2 comments:

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.