Monday, November 1, 2021

Ford Knoll November 1, 2021

It's mixing time!  I had a task to take care of today and that was to mix a little business with lots of pleasure.  I wanted a photo of my lei from Maui taken somewhere along the Ford Knoll route in recognition that I am now navigating my way along the Road to Hana Virtual Challenge.   Mixing the thoughts of warmth & sunshine with the cold & snow was an easy task to tackle.    


When I arrived at the trail head parking lot for Ford Knoll and exited my vehicle, I was immediately thankful I came with many layers on top and bottom and for my extremities.  It's still autumn but boy it felt like full on winter.  It looked that way too!
For parts of the trail, others had been on prior days, yet there were sections where I was first to plant foot prints in the snow.  The sun was beginning to get higher and it was starting to warm up a tad.  The activity of ascending helps with warming up too.
I arrived at the lookout where you can see the road below and Powderface behind me.  I donned the lei and offered up the surfing hang 10 wave! This was a great spot to savour some snacks while enjoying the peacefulness that seems to come with a ground covered in new snow.
such sweet sugar
Early on I had ice formed on the edge of my hair but it did not last.  The icicles on the trees were everywhere and visible from the start to the finish of my hike.  While I like the sky to have fluffy puffy clouds, the stark blue is ideal for showing off the icicles. 
As time went on and the sun got warmer, the snow clumps began falling from the trees.
Just off trail along the way, was another view point with a couple of cairns and a few large flat rocks.  It was a nice spot to settle for more snacks and some tea.  Here was a great opportunity to pair the thoughts of warmth & sunshine with cold & snow.   
The wind was due to come up as the day went on, but for now there wasn't even a breeze!
When I am alone in the forest, I take time to bath, you know that new thing called "forest bathing"! I see so much more when I get lost in that activity.  I noticed the snow on the pine cones yet saw something more!
This was what I saw!
finding another way to mix things up
The forest today offered up much warmth in more ways than one.  I enjoyed swishing through the new fallen fluffy light snow while at times letting my mind wander to those memorable days I spent in Maui!
  
a Maui morning

this morning



2 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow! What more can I say? A perfect, magical morning of bliss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was colder and snowier than I was expecting so more magical too than I thought it would be!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.