Thursday, November 11, 2021

Wildhorse Glasgow Big Elbow November 11, 2021

 On this day more than ever,  I wanted to acknowledge the abundance of freedom I have!    
It's Remembrance Day! I headed out to the Forgetmenot area in the Elbow Valley.  I had an idea of a route to explore which would give me good distance, not a ton of elevation gain and the scenery would be worthy.  I arrived at the parking lot early only to see so many vehicles there already.  My hope was they were not hiking my route!  As luck would have it, they were not.   

I started out along the Big Elbow Trail which is located in the eastern side of Kananaskis.
Shortly along the way I skirted off trail down to the Eblow River to see how the river was running.
It's been cold enough for ice to form.
cool ice designs
After a visit to the river's edge, I worked my way back to the Big Elbow Trail and followed it watching for a turn off to my right where I could get a little higher.  After a short steep climb, I arrived at a great lookout spot where I could take a little time.  This is a destination shot while holding a perfect rock to sit upon.
While savouring tea, snacks and the scenery, I gave thanks for the freedom I had that I could be right here right now!  This past while in our world, we experienced what it was like to have freedoms taken away.  This gave the opportunity of time to ponder what is truly important in life!
After descending that short steep stretch, I headed back along the trail I was on earlier and by then the sky turned that beautiful blue, some of those white fluffy puffy clouds that I love so much appeared and shadows appeared.  I veered off along another trail and followed it for awhile.
Here I'm following along a section of the Glasgow Loop trail and this was another nice spot for a destination  photo.  I wondered would I be able to sketch this!  Everything about a view like this appeals to my senses.  It even crossed my mind that if we got more snow before the road closes at the end of November, I might come back here.
looking off towards Forgetmenot Ridge 
where I think all those that were in the parking lot might have hiked to
a trail that leads me to a place where I feel lost in beauty
As it was getting on into the afternoon, I decided to head back and go back down to the river's edge.  There's that pink suspension bridge that I need to cross to get me back onto the trail that leads to the parking lot.
crossing back over the pink suspension bridge

A few hours later I was back at my car and feeling fulfilled enough that I was ready to head on home.  
I already began to wonder where would my freedom allow me to wander to next! 




2 comments:

  1. The ice patterns are amazing.
    A perfect day to be out and about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those ice patterns captured my attention and I spent so much time admiring them. Soon they will be covered in snow.

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.