Sunday, November 28, 2021

Fish Creek Provincial Park November 28, 2021

With an absolutely gorgeous day forecasted locally, I headed south to Fish Creek where I knew I could avoid rain/sleet/snow/ice/wind.  While it is wildly winter out west, it is certainly not here, in fact it is unusually not.  I'm on a mission too,  I have only three days left to accomplish it. Being "out & about" today was a significant contribution to that mission!

The wide open sections of The Creek afforded beautiful early morning reflections.

I stuck to the dirt trails that followed the Bow River.
view as I took a detour through The Wetlands
The Bow River was populated with hundreds of Geese and Mallards.
No ice nor snow nor mud on the trail.  
The conditions were very dry.
The sky was full of those fluffy puffy white clouds that I love so much.
female Common Merganser foraging on her own
two male Downy Woodpeckers

With December just around the corner which means potential for the onset of winter, I was thankful today to be able to have a safe drive on the free-way to visit this beautiful Provincial Park.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.