Sunday, November 21, 2021

Hadrian's Wall Virtual Challenge Progress November 21, 2021

With the Road to Hana behind me, it's time once again to look forward.  Now I am headed to northern England where I will virtually hike 145 kilometres along Hadrian's Wall.  The route runs from Wallsend in the east to Bowness-on-Solway in the west.  Also known as the Roman Wall, Hadrian's Wall was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1987.  I picked a time frame of 49 days to reach the finish line and my start date was November 16th.  As I put this post together, I have to-date covered 34.6 kms.  



I used the Conqueror's link to create my own postcard on Nov. 16 when I began this trek.

the virtual start line

Here is a close up of the route showing my current location.

The route goes through this Nature Reserve!

This pub along the way would be a place I would enjoy a feast of fish & chips!

the first two post cards that popped into the mailbox 






2 comments:

  1. We recently watched someone hike this route on a TV documentary. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I will look for a book to read or video to view on this route. I would love to actually hike it!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.