Tuesday, October 26, 2021

St Francis Way Virtual Challenge Complete October 25, 2021

The St Francis Way Virtual Challenge was the longest one I signed up for and I am happy to report it is now complete!  As I mentioned before, my preferred distances are of a lesser amount.  I found about mid way through, I began to loose interest yet I was not giving up.  As soon as I entered the last of the kilometres to get me around the virtual finish line, I then received my finisher's certificate! 

from Florence to Rome
The location for the end of this trek is in St Peter's Square. 
 I checked out the photographs that were available to us and this was my favourite.  
In a few weeks I will have my medal!
Since my last post on this challenge, I found I began searching for green areas and water locations instead of old structures and city sights.  Big cities, churches, museums were never my thing.  I would pick nature over history any day!    Sights like this one, Lago del Turano appeal to me.
I like the location of this Bed & Breakfast!
a gorgeous view of the Tiber River
St Peter's Square
final two postcards

The plan was this challenge would take me into the winter season where I could add skating and x-c skiing distances to the kilometres covered. With just over two months left in this year, I am going to enter another event to keep my motivation for being "out & about" in tack.  Stay tuned!

 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations yet again. Your stats for 2021 are going to be quite impressive!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.