Sunday, October 3, 2021

Wyndham Carseland Trails October 3, 2021

While comfort camping at Wyndham Carseland back in August, I spoke with a local lady who walked her dogs daily on the trails in the area.  She told me this location is gorgeous in autumn.  I put that thought on the back burner and now with autumn upon us, I ventured out there today to see if she spoke the truth! Indeed she did!  This was the view from the day use parking lot, the spot where I watched the sun rise on those August mornings.  

I found the trailhead and passed through a canopy of colour. 
This is the view across the Bow River and where I watched the sun set each of those August evenings!
A short distance along the trail, I veered off to check out the comfort camping location.  
My site is now ready for winter.
My home away from home for those August days.
This trail was a perfect one for "forest bathing"! 
The sounds!  The sights!  The smells!  The colours! 

While hiking along, I caught glimpses of those who were trailer camping in the campground.  If I had a trailer, this is where I would be spending my time these past number of days.  I could hear the campfires crackling and smell the bacon cooking.  

Birds were still hanging around but they were not as plentiful.  I could hear a variety of songs but this male Hairy Woodpecker was the only bird that stayed in one place long enough to capture a clear photo.
After completing the hike, I returned to the day use area to have some tea and snacks at a picnic table in the sun.  The wind was picking up and the leaves began to fall and swirl in the air.  That lady was right, this place is gorgeous in Autumn!  

That lady also told me this is a fun place to snowshoe in the winter!



2 comments:

  1. Wow! Spectacular!
    We had a taste of summer yesterday with the temperature jumping to 36.6C. Thankfully dropped today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 36.6C Does sound hot for a spring day! Hopefully that will not trend!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.