Thursday, August 26, 2021

Comfort Camping Wyndham Carseland Provincial Park August 24-26, 2021

When I spotted the Comfort Camping sites at Wyndham Carseland Provincial Park on August 18th, I knew I wanted to stay in one at this location. I did comfort camp before at Dinosaur Provincial Park so I knew what I would be in for.  I checked the website and there was vacancy so I booked two nights.  T'was nice to go mid week as it was very quiet and the weather was ideal to boot.   The sites sit close to the Bow River with just a pathway and line of trees in between.  This was my home away from home for two nights!

For health and safety reasons due to the way our world is, I had to bring my own bedding and cookware.  That's a queen size bed, there is a futon to the left which opens to double size.  I used it as a sofa.  There is electricity with lots of outlets.  Two lamps are provided as you can see on either side of the bed, there is a fridge, coffee maker, kettle, electric heater, fan, table and four chairs.  There are two Adirondack chairs on the covered deck, a fire pit, picnic table and a bar-b-q.   
view from the front
It takes a couple of minutes to walk to the open fields.  
With coffee in hand that's where I headed each morning to see the sun rise.
The Bow River was a minute away. 
With wine glass in hand, that's where I went to sit on a log and watch the sun set.
The fire ban and fire restrictions were lifted for this County and Provincial Park.
I put many kilometres on my walking shoes, strolling the trails and along the river's edge.  
These are some of the sights I saw while "out & about" at The Park.    









Another reason I wanted to come back to Wyndham Carseland Provincial Park was to play out being a bird nerd.  The Cormorants and Pelicans were in abundance.  I heard an owl in the middle of the night and one morning while walking the hiking trail, I saw this juvenile American Bald Eagle high on a tree just off the trail.  
There were many Yellow Warblers!  This one stayed awhile on the branch.  
So, the Grey Catbird sounds just like a cat! 
Did I hear the Grey Catbird or did I hear the grey cat!  
a few of the other birds I saw

I thoroughly enjoyed the entire time I spent here Comfort Camping.  I was so fortunate with lots of sunshine and bright blue sky.  The days were warm enough and the nights cold enough that I needed to turn the heater on when I woke in the morning.  This place is quiet through the week but my understanding is, it is full on weekends.  While it is not far from the city, I felt like I was a world away!  The Comfort Camping season here ends shortly. I'm happy to have experienced it this summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.