Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Wyndham Carsland Provincial Park August 18, 2021

After visiting Ralph Klein Park, I took back roads to reach Wyndham Carsland Provincial Park, a Park I had not been to before.  It's set along the Bow River and surrounded by rolling hills.  I liked the look as soon as I arrived, yet having a beautiful day helps. There is a trail that sits between the River on one side and the campground on the other.  The trail is mostly treed, narrow at times and it's a winding one.   

Along the way there are spots where you can easily assess the Bow River. I veered down many of them.  This was one spot that offered a wide view across the way.  There is a golf course up on top and along the right side.
view along the trail
my kind of clouds
One of the reasons I ventured here today is that I read it is a great Park for birders and that proved to be true.  I even read that there is so much bird song that it is annoying to those campers who are not into birds.  I heard so many but could not spot them all nor capture clear shots of them all.  I did have fun and success though!

House Wren
female Yellow Warbler
American White Pelican
I don't know what this is but may work on IDing it later.
a Yellow Warbler feeding her Fledgling 
bonding time (the Fledgling looks larger than its Mom)
Osprey
male Downy Woodpecker
Black-Capped Chickadee
male American Goldfinch
In addition to checking out the bird situation, I also checked out the Comfort Camping location.
It's the Bow River, of course I should see someone fishing!

This Provincial Park exceeded my expectations!  I did not see it all, there is another section that I will visit at another time.  I was glad I went out of the way to get to this place and by now I was feeling fulled.  I stayed at the Day Use area a little while to take in the views, enjoy the sunshine and have some snacks.  There is probably a more direct route to this Park and I will look into that.  I would like to come back another time!



1 comment:

  1. It looks lovely. I wonder how long you spend spotting and photographing each bird?

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.