Sunday, August 29, 2021

Powderface Ridge East August 29, 2021

Now that we are closing in on the end of August, I panicked a bit when I realized there will not be many more days when we can wear shorts! Today would be a day to don them.  It's Sunday and not my favourite day to head to the mountains with the weekend warriors, but I went!  I went early!  It was very quiet yet I was not alone.  I  knew others were in the vicinity but I could see no one.

What I could see along the trail up to Powderface Ridge East were the last of the summer wildflowers!  

By the time I broke out into the open, it was warm.  
I removed my gloves and jacket, pulled out my sunglasses and eyed the view behind me.  
The ground cover has taken on the shades of August's end.  
The sun was reaching for the tree top.
I was reaching for the top of that hill in the middle.
The sky was bluer than blue and the sun so bright.  My eyes deceived me at times today through my sunglasses or through my naked eye.  I spotted this bird thinking what an unusual pattern on its belly.  After snapping a shot then viewing that snapped shot up close on my camera, I saw that unusual pattern was a cone. 
lots of sparrows flying about
As I approached the summit, two people began their departure from it.  I knew I would own this space for a short while as I could see someone coming along the trail which is that thin brown line at bottom right.  I settled in getting comfy on my sit-upon.  I had some snacks to savour and then realized it will soon be time to pack tea instead of chilled water.  It was cold this morning here at the summit.  In a bit, a solo fellow joined me and we chatted for a half hour.  After that, I went on my way and let him enjoy some ownership.
Once again, under the bright blue sky and sunshine, my eyes deceived me.  I saw flitty movement in the far off tree and assumed a bird.  My thought was quickly capture a photo and make an ID later.  Identification was easy on this little brown job, a chipmunk!  
Deja-vu, once again my eyes deceived me under the bright blue sky and blazing sun!  
I saw brown movement on a far off grassy slope.  
Just a deer!
With it just being a deer over on that grassy slope, I decided to add a little distance so headed over there.  
shades of late August
I love our mountain playground!

While making my descent, I met dozens and dozens and dozens of hikers heading up.  
Everyone was out to enjoy these end of August gifts of bright blue sky and blazing sun!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.