Monday, August 2, 2021

sketching is for the birds

Continued high heat and more smoke leads to staying inside which in turn means more time for sketching pretty birds!  In addition to following another tutorial, I found this guide on-line which came in useful.  These paired with actual photographs I captured while being "out & about" were my resources for rendering a Cedar Waxwing and a Yellow Warbler.  I find yellows a challenge to work with in that I cannot create a feathered looking stroke.  This only means I still have so much to learn!   While in Waterton Lakes National Park last week, I photographed a couple of colourful birds which I know will be enjoyable sketching projects.  Stay tuned!   








*****************







4 comments:

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.