Saturday, August 14, 2021

Flower Route Virtual Challenge Progress August 14, 2021

This Flower Route challenge is flying by!  It's time to post a progress report before I cross the finish line in a few days.  My preference has been the longer distances but I could not pass on what this trek had to offer other than it's just 66 kilometres.  Wanting to make headway along this route is what got me out the door every day this week, yet I did not take my camera each time.  

You can see me mid way amongst the thousands of people from around the world who could not resist this route either.  This map does not include those that already crossed the finish line.  I did notice a few others from Calgary are working on conquering this one with me.  
two more photo cards popped into my mailbox

walking down the middle of the road
The virtual views are so pretty!

I did bring my camera when I visited Glenbow Ranch this week.  It was a fresh cool early start and it was so nice to see the blue sky and mountains in the distance.  The wildflowers did not amount to much this summer, they need water and there was none to be had.  We are in desperate need of rain and it is in the forecast for next week! My fingers are crossed it will come to fruition!
some sights while hiking at Glenbow Ranch

While there are a few other treks through The Conqueror that I would like to attack, I have been eyeing other companies that offer virtual challenges.  For now I will focus on completing the Flower Route!


3 comments:

  1. Such lovely scenes on both the Flower Route and Glenbow Ranch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am wondering in all your travels if you have been to The Netherlands!

      Delete
  2. A number of times, Alexandra. Back in 1978, 4 of us hired bicycles in Amsterdam and cycled a 380km, [10 days] circuit, through flowering tulip fields. Exhilerating. Keukenhof Gardens, your Lisse Post Card, is magnificent. I was very fortunate to visit it in full bloom on 2 occasions. Happy memories recalled.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.