Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Ralph Klein Environmental Park August 18, 2021

We were in for a most gorgeous day and I could not wait to be "out & about" in it!  I put a plan in place to visit two parks today and Ralph Klein Park was my first stop. It has been months since I dropped by here and now that I have become a bird nerd, I was curious as to what I might spot. The views were so pretty having the blue sky filled with those fluffy puffy white clouds that I love so much.  What a reflection!   

From the parking lot, I took the trail that goes through the apple orchard.  
The fews drops of water on the apple is all that is left from yesterday's down pour.  
scene from along the dirt trail
view of one of the docks that you can walk out on
The Park was alive with ducks and birds!  My intention was to capture a photo of the American White Pelican but this is what I came away with when a White-Faced Ibis performed a photo bomb.  
American White Pelican
White-Faced Ibis
I don't know what this is and I cannot ID it even after checking my bird book!
Red-Necked Grebe
American White Pelican in flight

There were many ducks of different kinds in the ponds, even a group of ducklings.   As I approached their location, every single duck scurried to the other side of the pond and hid in the vegetation.  I waited and waited but they stayed where they were.  I gave up and took flight myself as I had another destination to visit.  It was time to move on down the road!



1 comment:

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.