Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Ann & Sandy Cross Conservation Area August 24, 2021

Before heading off to Comfort Camp for two nights, I stopped by Ann & Sandy Cross Conservation Area for a hike.  I had been only once before back in February of 2013.  At that time in my life, this was not my kind of place and for that reason I never returned.   I needed some place to spend a few hours before checking into my home away from home.  While this is not near the Campground, I still thought I would go out of the way a bit and give this place another try.  Different season!  Different weather!  Different me! Different opinion!  

It now costs $10.00 to park for the day or you can buy a yearly pass.  I went for the day price.  There was a large group starting to hike at the same time I was. I made an adjustment to my plan of attack so I would not be caught up in their group.   The weather was gorgeous with lots of blue sky filled with those fluffy puffy white clouds that I love so much. 
The trails were tree-lined in places, wound through meadows, 
had lots of little ups and downs, 
and the whole place was greener than green.
view along the way
tree-lined trail
from the Rolling Hills to the Foothills to the Rocky Mountains
my lunch spot
a Cedar Waxwing dining in its lunch spot
a bear shaped rock to go with the sign
a few Woodpeckers were pecking about
taking in the vast vista 
a  lone flower in the middle of the trail
I hiked a big loop around the Conservation Area.  Near the end of the hike, I had to work my way back up to the top before hiking back down again to the trail that lead to the parking lot.  I was already getting excited thinking about having this kind of weather for my Comfort Camping trip.  

Once back at my car, I geared down, then hopped in and drove away for my unique nights stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.