Monday, August 23, 2021

St Francis Way Virtual Challenge Progress August 23, 2021

While I wait for my Flower Route medal to arrive, I joined in on another virtual challenge.  This is the longest one yet at 503 kilometres.  St Francis Way runs from Florence in the north to the Vatican in Rome in the south of Italy.   The route follows in the footsteps of St Francis of Assisi.  This is my six virtual challenge and will bring me into the season where I will get to add skating and X-C Skiing kilometres to make up the distance.  

This is a very popular trek with over 21,000 people from all over the world participating. 
The map shows the route and shows where I am along it.  
I am just over thirty klicks into this challenge.  
This is a virtual view of where the trek starts, the bottom left on the stairs.
There is always a postcard to welcome you as you begin.
These are a few of the beautiful views through Tuscany. What I see looks so appealing to me.  I have been to Italy to hike in the Dolomites a few years back. I don't know if I will go back to Italy but if I do, it would be this area that I would love to see. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.