Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Flower Route Virtual Challenge Complete August 17, 2021

I crossed the finish line of the Flower Route Virtual Challenge in pouring rain at Nose Creek/Confluence Park.  Yesterday I did a quick eight kms and was left with just over eight to complete the route.  Both distances were covered at Nose Creek.  It's out my front door and I could just get it done in little time and get on with each day.  That location gives me my urban nature fix.  Western Canada was in dire need of rain!  I forgot what it looked like, what it sounded like and what it felt like to be poured upon!  I have all the gear to be "out & about" in rain and out I went. Surprisingly, I shared the paths with many others who were smiling as wide as me. Rain!  Yes!  Rain!


This is the virtual finish line of the Flower Route.  
my final postcard...
...and the story behind it!



While nearing the end of the Flower Route Virtual Challenge, my reality looked like this!

I brought my camera with me on the smoky day but not on the rainy day.  While I have seen so many Barn Swallows at this park, they have always been in fast flight. This morning this one sat still on the branch for many minutes while I admired it.   The top right is a sparrow that shall remain nameless.  I believe the middle right photo is of a female Red-Winged Blackbird but I am not positive.  There were no males around and there have been none for awhile. The bottom right photo shows a Grey Catbird.  I now know about these birds, they are the ones that do sound like a cat with the sound being very loud and obvious yet are difficult to spot.   I have been looking for  the fawns but had no luck.  Two males have been visible each time I'm there.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.