Friday, August 20, 2021

Inglewood Bird Sanctuary August 20, 2021

Last Friday, the 13th, I considered myself lucky with my early visit to the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary.  One fellow said the early bird gets everything!  As luck would have it, luck was on my side again today!  The star of my visit to The Sanctuary was this Belted Kingfisher!  It's a she and she deserves to be framed front and centre!    

It was a pretty sight as I headed for the gate.
The sun was reaching its way up to the tree tops.
The Great Blue Heron flew by as I stood on the bridge and perched itself here.
My timing & the lighting paired perfectly to capture the red underpart of the tail on the Northern Flicker.  
I knew the red existed but I never had a vantage point to see it until today.    
Oh Deer!  I spent lots of time watching them today!  I wondered was this Mom and her two fawns the ones I saw back on June 23rd not long after their birth date.   One fawn was very curious about me and appeared not afraid, it kept walking towards me, getting close, but I kept backing up. I watched this deer stare into the water for the longest time.  As first I thought it was getting a drink but it never did take even a sip, it just starred into the water.   A few weeks back a lady told me she saw a chocolate coloured deer.  I wondered about that! Then today I saw this deer, chocolate brown in colour!     
a pretty place to sit and bird spot
American Goldfinch
Solitary Sandpiper
two male Hairy Woodpeckers
male Wood Ducks
I know where to go at The Sanctuary if I want to see the Black-Capped Chickadees, and yes of course I want to see them!  They are bubbly bouncy busy little bundles of sweetness!  Here we go again starring into the water.  Just like the deer, this Chickadee starred into the water for the longest time!  

I can't remember when I last had to wear a few layers to stay warm!  It was necessary this morning, light gloves would have been nice to have. The air was fresh and clean and so crisp!  I love these kinds of mornings weather-wise and then to top that off with everything Mother Nature presented!  My cup runneth over with luck!  


3 comments:

  1. Here it has definitely turned to fall all of a sudden! Love the kingfisher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feels like fall in the air! From the city I can see the mountains to the west are newly covered in winter white!

      Delete
  2. Alas, we are saying,it feels like summer is arriving. Yep, skip spring!Ugh!
    What an absolutely enjoyable morning you had. Beautiful images and writing.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.