Monday, October 18, 2021

Carburn to Fish Creek October 17, 2021

I knew I wanted to cover at least 10 kilometres this morning but I was not exactly sure where I would accomplish that.  That is, until I was near ready to head out the front door and saw the sky beginning to light up.  I opted for the short drive south east to Carburn Park to catch the colour then I hit the dirt trail that took me to Fish Creek Park.  

As you can see the lighting was incredible!  
The lone larch tree is still holding its colourful coat.
reflections in the pond
the sun beginning to peek above the trees
With the sun fully up, I then aimed for Fish Creek Park. Once I arrived there then picked this spot to settle on a log to enjoy some snacks and the scenery.  There were many Canada Geese and Mallard Ducks floating about.
view as I left Fish Creek Park behind and began the trip back to Carburn Park
It's good to know there are birds that will be with us all winter.  
This is one of them, a male Downy Woodpecker.
White-Breasted Nuthatch
Black-Capped Chickadee
my app tells me (but not a really high % of certainty though) this is an American Wigeon
As I was approaching Carburn Park, the temperature shot up quickly. 

This was one of those absolutely gorgeous autumn days that felt like summer.  
I was ready to get home and get into shorts & short sleeve shirt then enjoy some deck time.

 

2 comments:

  1. How totally wonderful! The golden colour is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky enough to be there for the "golden hour"!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.